We will only gather marketing information about you if you freely provide it. It is your responsibility to update your personal details if they change.
The details you provide may include your name, email address, product choices, delivery address, telephone number. These details are securely stored on our site and are available for you to edit.
Transactional details such as credit or debit card number, the card’s expiry date and billing address are never stored by us. We retain any personal information for as long as required and consistent with the purpose for which you have provided.
When you use this website, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
1. Information about your device and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed. We use this data anonymously to administer and improve the website and our services to you
2. Data relating to any transactions carried out between you and Valentino Shop on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services but we do not store actual payment (card) details. We will use this information to fulfil any order and to communicate with you when needed. Information that you make available to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information
3. Information that you provide to us when opting in to receiving emailed newsletters
Personal data given to us will be used for the purposes specified in this section or as found elsewhere in the applicable parts of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
1. Administer the information we send you
2. Monitor the site’s usage to help improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website
3. Process your orders
4. Provide you with information such as news concerning the website, new services and special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you via email, post or by mobile phone (also see ‘keeping in touch with you’ below).
Valentino Shop uses SSL – 128bit encryption Secure Server Technology to safeguard all of your personal and transactional information. We never sell or make your personal data available to organisations outside Valentino Shop for marketing purposes, although our representatives and appointed agents and business partners may hold your data, so that your details and/or order can be processed and/or account maintained.
MANAGING YOUR DATA
You can manage your data such as delivery addresses, marketing preferences and other aspects in your My Account area on our website. Please note that we do not store/retain credit or debit card information as all transactions are made directly through the payment gateways on offer.
You have the right to have all of your data permanently removed from our systems. In order to have this process carried out, please email [email protected] with your request. Please note that in doing this, all data including your order history and associated deliveries will also be deleted.
In order to be able to offer you options to pay for your purchases, we use 3rd party payment providers such as PayPal and Klarna. As an additional layer of security for our customers, Valentino Shop does not process payments. When you reach the checkout stage of making a payment on our site, you are securely redirected to the payment provider of your choice and all financial data is handled and managed by that provider. When a transaction is completed, you are then redirected back to our site.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
We want to keep you up to date about new collections, promotional offers and what’s coming soon to Valentino Shop stores via email, post, mobile phone or otherwise, e.g. social media. We may therefore use your details to send you details via email about other goods and services we sell or for research purposes. If you have registered to receive information from us, it’s because you have consented. You can opt-out at any time, using the ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of the promotional emails we send you or by responding to the text messages as indicated. You can also manage your marketing preferences in your My Account area.
Your personal information may be disclosed to associated companies within Valentino Shop and to reputable third parties who will help process your order or send you emails on our behalf. Valentino Shop requires that all such third parties treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer regulations in place from time-to-time. We will not release your personal information to any external company for mailing or marketing purposes for goods or services unavailable from Valentino Shop unless we have your prior approval. We may pass on personal information about sales and website usage to reputable third parties for research or analysis purposes.